Thursday, August 1, 2013

Long overdue post

Wow guys, pardon my absence. If you read the recent blog post from December, then you may of assumed things haven't been great.

The long and short of it is that it's been a roller coaster. Especially since January and even more so in May.

With a tearful heart, my Dad did pass away May 29th after a long 9 month battle of side effects from his lung surgery last August 2012.

After months of ups and downs, collapsed lungs and far too many bouts of pneumonia, he passed peacefully alone in a hospice setting. I've been a whirlwind of emotions. I have flown several times to see him since January, trying to get every minute to count. Often times gowned up and sitting for endless hours in  ICU watching the constant beeps and dings of monitors.

Services were held June 1st. I couldn't of asked for a better turn out. It was a beautifully fitting service, down to the decor, photographs displayed, music played etc.

He'd be happy at how it went.

No more tubes for Daddy. He's free.

I recently posted my eulogy on a separate page. You can read it here.

At any rate, big things are about to happen around the casa. What you may ask??

Well you'll just have to stay tuned for a future update!!

Hope everyone has been well!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment