Friday, August 9, 2013

Ooooh Girl I love your legs!

Well... Not my legs per se, but... you know.

Slowly but surely I'm getting back into the groove on things. This past weekend I began to tackle this here project.

What is it you ask? It's an armoir for my guest bedroom. Best part about it, it was FREE. Yes free! A client of mine was getting rid of it... and well storage space around my parts is at a premium. So I was excited to get this piece even if it needs some much needed TLC.
Working outside these days is the most efficient spot I have to do projects. So to the front yard became my workspace. I laid all the pieces out in order to sand them.
The piece originally had these bun feet. I just KNEW they had to go!! Lucky for me, I had 4 classy feet/legs waiting for me. I picked them up a couple years ago from a yardsale and had been holding onto them for the perfect moment...... That moment was NOW.
See what a difference the new legs made?! Totally updated the overall piece and for CHEAP. I think I paid $2 for the set of 4.
 
Girrrlll looking purty already!!! 
I decided once the feet were on, and that the pieces had been sanded, that it'd be easier to paint all put together and that way too- I could figure out what repairs etc had to be made.
Work it girl! Love how the armoire now sits up a bit. Made such a huge difference don't you think??
Next up was priming it. Which interestingly enough went pretty well. However, the inset panels must of been painted with perhaps oil paint. As I primed, the paint literally was smearing with mine.. So a second coat of primer is definitely in order.
Big changes already!!
Overall I'm working with bedding that's a metallic seafoam green, that has a cream, latte and chocolate brown scroll work to it. The walls are a rose color. 

So the million dollar question is, what color fro the armoire?! I have an idea in mind, but want to see what you all think! Who knows, maybe we're all on the same page! 

Stay tuned for the reveal! 

And in case you missed it, here's why I've been gone so long. 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment