Monday, August 15, 2011

I pity..

the fool who thought putting linoleum and vinyl over hardwood floors was a good idea. (like my Mr. T impersonation? I should probably stick to my day job!)

Yea yea I know linoleum and vinyl were the trend back in the day.. And if that's true then WHY put down FINISHED hardwood?!?

As I've embarked on this escapade, I've noticed areas of the floor that are beautifully finished like the rest of the house. Some areas are being revealed better than others. For the most part the linoleum is gone leaving behind a paper backing and mastic like adhesive. If you follow me on Facebook, you'd see me refer to the kitchen as if Shrek puked in it. That's because this mastic stuff is green and gooey and under it is a black backing. I think at this point I'd have better luck digging to China!
Never in a million years did I think it'd take this long to rip up the floor! I just keep reminding myself that there's a light at the end of this tunnel.. I eventually will have the hardwood floor I wanted. Thankfully HHGregg where I got my appliances, have been super cool with holding on to them for longer than the 30days I was originally told.

I think when it's all said and done, I'll make a house rule that you MUST "oooohh" and "ahhhh" everytime you enter the kitchen.. =) nothing like a labor of love!!

I've told myself that the kitchen will be in phases. Phase 1 being the paint, floor and appliances. Phase two will be adding additional upper cabinets, modifying existing cabinets and painting all cabinets. Phase 3 will be adding the finishing touches and decorating.

After this first phase I'll definitely need a good massage!! Oh my heavens! Maybe kind and adoring friends will pitch in for that as a housewarming present!...A girl can dream right?!

At any rate, this roast is toast...(and I'll spare you from anymore corny lines)
Night!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment