Monday, June 27, 2011

First time is a charm!

Well with the AC kicking again, it was another evening of progress. For the first time ever, I used a compound miter saw. My friend Michael has loaned it to me so I can do the trim work for the room.

Tonight I was able to cut and roughly lay the baseboards! Woohoo nothing like a good powertool to spend the evening with.


Give me powertools or give me death!

I did a few rough trial run cuts to make sure I was getting my angles correct. That's one thing that was hard to get my head around.
Once I figured out my angles I was off and running. Tomorrow I'll nail those in place and cut and attach the quarter round.
The end is near. "I think I can, I think I can" phew it'll be celebratory when this room is complete!




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment