Thursday, June 30, 2011

Base and crown and floors oh my!

Details among the craft room are coming along nicely. I'm rallying up the strength this weekend to have another fabulous 3-day weekend filled with progress. Think I can do it? Sure you do. If you've been following this blog for any length of time-- you're probably impressed. Maybe not. I don't know.



This was an interesting discovery I made while cutting holes in the closet.. My walls are basically 1/4" drywall and 1/4" plaster. I think drywall was newly being used and the plaster covered up any mistakes back in the day. Needless to say it leaves for rock solid walls!
I splurged and bought myself a new little toy. Palm sander say hello to blogland!  I think we are going to get along famously well together. He has already started to help me with my floors.
 

Before
After
 
This section is going to be tricky. I think the floor might of been burned by candles or something.. Hopefully some sanding will lessen the appearance. 

 My buddy Michael let me borrow his compound miter saw. After a couple tests I figured out how to cut my baseboard. Woohoo!!

 I still need to nail them in place..But at least they are cut!
 Crown molding on the other hand left me looking like this:

My pile of scraps...

Finally I hung a piece up.

And another

And then I got tired and irritated and couple figure out the angles and how to get the last 2 pieces in place.  Hard to hang 10ft sections solo.. and measure correctly. I came into work to see this on my desk this morning:

Maybe I'll give another shot tonight....without screwing up too much more crown. Gah! 




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment