Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Garden Dreaming

I'm dreaming of a white christmas bountiful vegetable garden.. With it being 68* here today, it's taking every ounce of me to not start tilling up and prepping the vegetable garden beds!
Last year it began as a plot of grass and was torn up and tilled. 
 
 Several raised beds were built, dirt hauled in, and a bumper crop ensued. This year I'll be rearranging the beds a bit to allow for soaker hoses to help with watering. I never did build a "real" fence around the area... so the dogs constantly got under the chicken wire... This year I'll be making a fence..
 Like this one. 

I am planning on doing the "Square foot gardening" method of crops this year.. and hope to begin the battle of landscaping the backyard. Maybe I can even put in a real fire pit!
My neighbors to the East of me have discussed a privacy fence.. so we might tag team and construct one along the alleyway from the edges of our property lines.

Too many projects, not enough hours in the day! 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment