Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Kitchen floor nightmare

Ok not really-- but that's what it seems to be turning into. Simply because I've had two companies not follow up, not show up etc and ultimately lose my potential business. Granted, it's going to be a rough job.. and not a pretty one either.
The floors were left looking like this after the vinyl and linoleum were up:
This is a view towards the backdoor. This was the area where the previous floor was down the hardest and a high traffic area. Hence it was the hardest to come up and left the most adhesive mess behind.
This is the Southeast corner. Again lots of adhesive left behind.. some spots are down to the bare wood-- but I ran out of adhesive remover and Home Depot has been out.. Plus I've burned myself on the stuff one too many times..

This is the Northeast corner.. where appliances once stood. Overall the flooring came up pretty easily here.. but again there's a black backing left behind.
This is the Northwest corner.. where the built in pantry is. Again an area that was better coming up than the other half of the kitchen.

So that's what the kitchen looks like  in it's current state. It's still taped off from the rest of the house.. and I'm back to the drawing board on quotes for having a company sand all this mess.

I hope Hurricane Irene stays far enough away this weekend. I am looking forward to my 1 day road trip to Atlanta and back. 8+ hrs on the road to clear my head and regain inspiration and motivation at Ikea. Yes please!

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Had to come see your kitchen when I read your comment at Beneath My Heart. You really do have lots of work ahead....I bet you get it done and it is fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.... your kitchen looks like it's a lot of work:) But you will be fine, I'm sure! Keep us updated!
    Regards from MoorlandHome

    ReplyDelete