Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Laundry Soap Making.

This past week, I jumped overboard and made a batch of homemade laundry soap. Cheaper to make, cleans just as good.

Pictures prove it.


So above are my ingredients if you will. The recipe was as followed:
1 cup washing soda
1 cup baking soda
1 cup oxi clean
1 cup Borax
1 of bar soap (I had the irish spring on hand)

The only thing that takes some prep is the bar of soap-- All you need to do is grate it. Mix the other ingredients together and put in some sort of container.

For use, I found "coffee spoons" at the Dollar Tree-- they equal 1/8 cup which amounts to 2 tablespoons. All you need for your laundry is 1 TABLESPOON. That's it! A whole load on 1 Tablespoon! WOW. (I use 2 since my scoop is 2)


 My container of soap afterwards... and now for the test:

Jeans before hand-- covered in dirt from the garden. After the wash, nice and clean (still wet in the pic before the hit the dryer)

With my ingredients and DIY, I now can wash clothes for pennies per load (the soap cost anyways).

Hopefully this weekend I can get my clothes line up-- I did a failed attempt this past weekend... And compost bins will hopefully be completed this weekend as well.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment