Monday, May 14, 2012

Now you see it, now you don't!

So last week I posted about the deck.
Well life took over and I suddenly found myself having a roommate move in. A good friend was relocating from FL to GA and has moved in.

So while there is an extra set of hands around the house, I figure some sweat equity is due.

Anyways, so here was the deck before:
By Tuesday at lunch time it looked something like this when I drove up into the driveway: (With the girls welcoming me home of course!)
 Coming to the backyard the destruction was evident:

 And by the time I was home from work it was TOUCHDOWN. Gone.

Whoever built the deck left the concrete stairs underneath-- odd but a blessing. Thankfully I can still use the back door. I am waiting to hear back from the contractor on when they can start. Hopefully soon! In the mean time, the demo is done and I've saved $250.

The bushes from the area still need to be moved and replanted.. Hopefully that can get done sometime this week.
So that's where we stand for now.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment