Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy 4th weekend!

Happy 4th everyone!

Again this weekend is a weekend of progress. I am glad to have tomorrow as extra day of work!

Coming down the home stretch it's all those tiny details that need to be done. I spent most of today after church caulking all the trim and doors etc. I fully sanded the floors which was started yesterday. I wiped them down with mineral spirits too. In addition I also put a first coat of primer on one of the doors into the room. The closet has also been skim coated.

A neighbor behind me who has lived in the neighborhood for 20 years, graciously brought me homemade BBQ chicken. Yum! Went nicely with a nice cold beer.

Tomorrow will be more of the same o same o. I hope to sand the closet, paint trim and maybe even get stain on the floor! Ah but let me not get ahead of myself!

I had to stop tonight and admire my work. Now that there is paint on the walls it looks so much more different! I can't believe it's the same room I moved in with 4 months ago!

Here's some pictures for ya:
Skim coating the closet.

 
Nothing like working in tight spaces.. The closet is only about 3' long and 2' deep.
Going to town sanding.
Giving a lesson to my helper.
As of tonight, fully sanded floors. Woohoo!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment